Thursday, March 19, 2009

Great Customer Service!

Had an interesting experience with a Citibank Customer Service. I wanted to do a balance transfer of my credit card outstanding so i called them up to enquire the best interest rate they could offer me. I wasn't happy with what they offered me as i already had another bank's much attractive and cheaper option.

So i mentioned this to the customer service officer, who said that the other banks rate is only for privileged customers who are sent a letter about the offer. I said yeah i have the letter with me now. And then astonishingly the cs officer asked me to send her a copy of the letter i have so that she could talk to her boss and see how.

2 questions arised in my mind..

1. Have the banks stopped trusting the customers?
2. Is it bad customer service?

No comments: