Monday, May 19, 2008




Cristiano Ronaldo last night revealed that he would consider his future at Manchester United after next week's Champions League final.

Confusion surrounds the Footballer of the Year's true intentions, as last week he stressed his commitment to Old Trafford and his contract does not expire until 2012.

"I am happy here but let's see what happens after the Champions League final," Ronaldo told Spanish TV at United's Carrington training ground yesterday.

"I am feeling calm here. I'm happy here but in the future I don't know."

Asked about Real Madrid, Ronaldo replied: "I have said millions of times that I would love to play in Spain but it's one thing to dream and another thing for it to be reality.

"I know Real Madrid like how I play and I know that other teams in Spain like my game as well, so that's good. But I'm happy here."
advertisement

When informed that Real's president, Ramon Calderon, admitted to being "obsessed" with signing the winger, Ronaldo said: "Of course it is good to know that other clubs are interested in you."

Ronaldo, asked if he felt he was the best player in the world, said: "I try to give the best every time but everything has to be taken in proportion and right now we are playing very well. I work every day to be the best, not only now but for five years."

United's manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, said: "Kaka's performance in the Champions League final against Liverpool possibly won him the vote as Footballer of the Year last year, but this season there has been no one to match Ronaldo."

No comments: